While I’m sure there are dancers out there who don’t need the motivation to get out on the floor, it can never hurt to lift your spirits with a few wise words. Listed below are the 14 most inspiring dance quotes that will motivate you to dance, and hopefully inspire you to worry a little less while you do!
- “In Ballroom dancing, women follow men as they lead them through the dance, step by step. But women take each step backwards and in high heel shoes.”
- “Thinking is the biggest mistake a dancer could make. You have to feel.”
- “If you can’t think of a good reason to dance, just dance and you’ll think of one”.
- “Dance is a conversation between the body and the soul.”
- “A dance teacher helps their students find the song in their heart, the beat in their feet, and a passion for life”.
- “Life’s a dance. You learn as you go. Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow. Don’t worry about what you don’t know.”
- “Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong.”
- “Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we’re here we should dance.”
- “And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance… I hope you choose dance.”
- “Dance is an art that imprints on the soul. It is with you every moment, it expresses itself in everything you do.”
- “Kids: they dance before they learn there is anything that isn’t music.”
- Dancing is the loftiest, the most moving, the most beautiful of the arts. For it is no mere translation or abstraction of life. It is life itself.
- “We dance for laughter, We dance for tears, We dance for madness, We dance for fears, We dance for hope, We dance for screams. We are the dancers, We create the dreams.”
- “To touch, to move, to inspire, this is the true gift of dance.”
After reading through these quotes, maybe it has inspired you to think of a few of your own positive affirmations. Let us know in the comments what your favorite dance quotes are or if you’ve made up any of your own!